The CTLT offers one-on-one, confidential consultations that enable all Cal Poly educators (faculty and staff; full or part-time) to enhance their teaching effectiveness, to discuss opportunities for teaching innovation, and to implement new pedagogies. Consultations provide a mechanism for educators to reflect upon their teaching practices and to develop a research-informed plan of action to improve student learning.
Consultations cover a broad range of topics, including (but not limited to):
- Inclusivity and diversity in the curriculum and classroom
- Writing in and across the disciplines
- Course design, assignment design, and assessment strategies
- Program level assessment
- Instructional Technologies: PolyLearn, iPad, Apple, Screencasting, Active / Collaborative Learning, or Teaching Methods (hybrid, flipped, online).
- Formative teaching observations (only for improvement, not for evaluation)
- Midterm chats (formative student feedback)
To schedule a consultation, please call 756-7002 or email email@example.com.